Features & Benefits
Reduced EPI ghost due to low-vibration magnet design
The core of the nanoScan MRI systems is the most robust cryogen-free superconducting magnet ever built for preclinical applications.Uniquely on the market it features a back mounted cryocooler to reduce conducted vibrations and make maintenance easier.
- The system uses a high-end pulse tube type cryocooler to further minimize vibrations inside the cryostat and therefore deliver ghost free EPI images.
- Its base is a NbTi solenoid with multiple corresponding coils to maximize homogeneity and shielding thus reaching state-of-the-art homogeneity of ±0.1 ppm @ 50 mm DSV and negligible fringe field outside the cryostat.
- The magnet uses conduction cooling to reach superconducting temperatures therefore the magnet is 100% cryogen-free.
- The warm bore tube and other electrically conductive cylindrical parts of the magnet were designed in a way to minimize the residual eddy-currents after strong gradient pulses this way achieving high quality DWI images.
Extended Pulse Sequence library for every possible application
The nanoScan® MRI systems come with a wide range of readily optimized protocols for mice and rats including the most common MRI techniques as well as state-of-the art pulse sequences and methods including parallel imaging (GRAPPA), ultra short TE sequences such as UTE or ZTE with multiple readout techniques as well as a number of different Spectroscopy sequences (i.e. PRESS, LASER, EPSI etc.) and an extensive EPI family with a wide range of options and correction schemes making fMRI and DTI applications effortless to execute.
Achieving perfect SNR in every region with wide range of RF coils
Mediso offers a wide range of RF coils fully integrated with the MultiCell™ system enabling precise animal positioning in relation to the coils thus delivering the best possible SNR.
- Transmit receive volume coils for whole body imaging of up to obese rats or marmosets
- Flexible surface coils for excellent image quality
- Phased array coils for brain or abdomen, enabling parallel imaging
- X-nuclei coils, both dual tuned volume or receive only surface coils for a wide range of nuclei including 13C, 19F, 31P, 23Na, 2H, 15N and more
Have 100% control over your MRI scans with the Sequence development platform
The Sequence Development Platform enables you to create your own sequences or modify the existing ones. With the intuitive GUI, programming and testing a new sequence is very easy and straightforward. A built-in tool helps you to test out various, freely customizable reconstruction and post-processing algorithms and adding new ones.
- RF and gradient pulse visualization
- Customizable JAVA based code for calculations and timing
- Intuitive parameter management
- Ability to define unique acquisition schemes
- Interactive pulse diagram visualization
- Pre-defined and custom reconstruction and post processing algorithms
- User defined Python and Matlab scripts are executable as a reconstruction step
- K-space visualization
Safe operation with the SmartMagnet™ technology
The proprietary SmartMagnet™ system ensures safe and robust operation of the superconducting magnet when facing power outages or non-ideal cooling conditions. The system features:
- Active quench protection
- Low-consumption Idle mode operation when the system is not in use
- Continuous monitoring of system parameters
Diffusion Tensor Imaging at 3T
Single Shot DTI EPI in rat brain at 3T
Animal: Wistar Rat
Sequence: Single Shot DTI EPI, Matrix size: 96x96, Diffusion directions: 120, TH: 1mm
Coil: 72mm Tx/Rx volume coil for transmission and 30mm flexible surface coil for signal reception
fast bSSFP sequence for optogenetic probe implanting
Method combining the high-resolution information about bone landmarks provided by micro-CT scanning with the soft tissue contrast of the MRI, which allowes to precisely localize electrodes and optic fibers in mice in vivo.
Animal: Wistar Rat
Sequence: 3D bSSFP, Field Strength: 3T, 100µm in-plane resolution, TR: 5.4 ms, TE: 2.7 ms
Coil: 72mm Tx/Rx volume coil for transmission and 20mm flexible optogenetic surface coil for signal reception
Fat-water separation based on Multi-Echo Gradient Echo sequence
Animal: Wistar Rat
Sequence: Multi-Echo Gradient Echo, Matrix size: 256x256, FOV: 70mm x 50mm, TH: 1mm, NEX: 2, Acq. time: 10min
Coil: 72mm Tx/Rx volume coil
How can we help you?
Contact us for technical information and / or support related to our products and services.Get in touch